With KongaPay, users will be able to take a photo of any item they want to sell and it’ll generate a payment QR code for you.
Konga has launched KongaPay to facilitate the initiation and completion of transactions in a seamless manner.
Speaking at the launch Shola Adekoya, Konga CEO said, “Konga is launching KongaPay payment solution because we want Nigerians and Africans at large to experience the best of service at their convenience. This means we constantly evolve to be more relevant to customers and society.”
He added, “We are extending KongaPay to other consumers outside of the Konga.com’s platform because it is designed to be fast, reliable, secure, flexible and above all provides a best-in-class financial solution to Nigerians and Africa at large.”
A first, KongaPay is pioneering something the company is calling me-Commerce. With KongaPay, users will be able to take a photo of any item they want to sell and it’ll generate a payment QR code for you.
Once that is done, you will be able to share the QR code on your favorite social media sites. The company says it is excited to provide a unique gateway for local entrepreneurs to reach both local and international markets through social media.
As part of the launch, KongaPay is starting off with the following offerings to the Nigerian market;
- Instant refunds – a 1st in Nigeria.
- Every phone is a POS.
- Pay with just your phone number and 4-digit PIN.
- Set up payment subscriptions and recurring payments.
- Send money to any Nigerian phone number in your contacts, without asking for an account number.
- Fully customizable iOS, Android and Web SDKs to enable merchants integrate and customize as necessary.
- Pay offline. Just show your QR code at any participating merchant store.
- Me-Commerce – a 1st in the world, where a user can create a shareable QR code for an item and get it out into social networks, thus enabling payments on Instagram, Facebook, Whatsapp – all through KongaPay.
“We are proud to say that KongaPay is the first payment solution in the world to entrench these collective solutions into one product. This reaffirms Konga’s position as the development leader in its industry and its commitment to further deepen the ecosystem,” the company said.